The NTLDR file must be altered in order to clear this error and correctly boot.
- Insert Windows XP boot disk.
- Enter into boot screen and wait until you get setup screen
- Press 'R' to enter into Recovery Console.
- When the console asks you to choose a Windows install to work with, enter 1 and press Enter
- When prompted, enter your Administrator password
- At the command prompt, enter the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
- Restart your computer and the error should be gone – you can restart by typing Exit and pressing Enter.
cd \attrib -c c:\ntldrexit